Life in Your Early 60s Survey


Who can I contact if I have any concerns after taking part?

We hope taking part in our survey will be a positive experience. We know lots of people enjoy taking time out to think about and answer questions about their lives. But if it leaves you worrying about anything that’s happening in your life, there are organisations you can talk to. The following provide advice on a range of issues:

  • Citizens Advice ( General issues including benefits, housing, debt and consumer issues.
  • Drinkline: The national alcohol helpline. Call 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am to 8pm, weekends 11am to 4pm).
  • Family Lives ( Advice, information and support on a range of family issues including parenting, school and relationships.
  • Helplines Partnership ( Provides a list of organisations that offer information, support or advice via phone, email, text or online.
  • National Bullying Helpline ( Support to effectively tackle bullying at work.
  • Refuge ( A national service for women experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.
  • Respect ( Helpline offering information, advice and support to male victims of domestic violence in heterosexual or same-sex relationships.
  • Samaritans ( If you have concerns, worries or are struggling to cope.
  • SupportLine ( Call 01708 765200 for emotional support with any issue, including relationships, anger, bullying, eating disorders, stress, self-harm, abuse, disability, mental health, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, addictions, debt, phobias, conflict, sexuality, health concerns, homelessness, harassment, loneliness.
  • Talk to Frank ( Advice on drugs and alcohol.

You can also contact the NCDS team at the Centre for Longitudinal Studies who will try to guide you to the most appropriate support available.